Wednesday 24 April 2013

Product Rave - Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate



This has got to be one of my favourite makeup purchases of all time!
Say hello to cheekbones in a pan and a real glow to the skin.
It is a luxurious cream duo to contour and highlight your face. 
Creams in my opinion are more superior than powders to do this as they are more skin-like and melt in with the foundation beautifully.
I used a Real techniques 'Contour brush' to apply the 'Shade' side to anywhere I wanted to push back; so underneath my cheekbones, temples, jawline etc. and patted on the 'Illuminate' side with my finger anywhere I wanted to bring forward; so tops of my cheekbones, brow bone, cupid's bow etc.   
For day to day wear I would certainly make it a little more subtle! And I did have to set the creams with a powder contour and highlight for a long lasting application that looked radiant and not greasy.

Other products used;
Eve Pearl - Cream Foundation Duo in 'Fair'
Tom Ford - Shade & Illuminate in 'Intensity One' (also used on eye lids)
Dior - 'Amber Diamond' Highlighting Powder (to set Illuminate side)
MAC - Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (to correct dark circles)
Clinique - Chocolate Chip Matte Eye shadow
Clinique - High Impact Curling Mascara
Clinique - Superfine Liner for Brows '02 Soft Brown'
MAC - Eyeshadows in 'Omega' & 'Concrete' (to set brow pencil in place) 
Tom Ford - Eye Defining Pencil in 'Expresso' (smudged into water and lashline)
Elizabeth Arden - 8 Hour Cream (on eyes and lips for a glossy-wet look) 

Avaliable from Selfridges & Harrords for.. cough cough.. £55!!
I do think it is worth it if you are into your makeup and you struggle to find cream contours that aren't too orange and cream highlights that aren't too glittery.
I do love you Mr Ford!

No comments:

Post a Comment